As a work from home mom, I have to employ a variety of methods to keep up with additional workload leading to the final extended tax return due date on September 15th. A few days before the deadline and with a pile of work to get through I put a movie on for the kids while I took a 20 minute work call. My kids (at least the older ones) are like zombies when they are placed in front of a movie or tv. I rely on that at times like this when I don't have a babysitter. As I was on the call I hear the tale tale signs of the 5 gallon bucket of flour being messed with. Because of the behaviour of my darling 18 month old son I have learned to lock down the lid of the bucket because he likes to play with the flour. When I heard the sounds of the bucket I ignored them under the belief that it posed no real concern because the lid was securely tightened - even I have trouble opening it. The one thing I failed to consider was the fact that we had baked cookies the day before and the girls had been the ones to put the flour away. just after finishing my call Lauren came bursting into my bedroom to inform me that Isaac was playing with the flour. She immediately ran back into the living room and perched herself on the couch to continue watching the movie with the rest of the kids. This is the disaster that I found waiting for me...as payment for not carefully watching my kids.


You cannot adequately appreciate the full extent of his games. There were piles of flour on each level of the cabinet that once housed the bucket of flour. There were then car tracks all over in that flour (apparently it created great matchbox car terrain). Then piles of flour were dropped and 'driven over' all along the kitchen floor and into the living room - where he finally got the brief attention of his sisters and brother who no doubt then debated who should run tell mommy - so the rest could avoid missing even a moment of the show.
Some messes are so crazy they are just too funny to make you mad!
No comments:
Post a Comment